Monday, April 12

dachshunds & peacocks

On Elle: cardigan: diy, top: urban, belt: f21, jeans: h&m, shoes: oh deer

You know what is amazing? You! But aside from that potatoes, definitely potatoes. In addition to being tasty in any cooking form (roasted with rosemary, fried in a vat of grease, mashed with garlic and butter for some home comfort) they lend themselves to easy DIYs. After scoring this little cardigan for a couple of dollars at the thrift store I felt the need for a bit of vamping up; the perfect solution being wiener dogs of course. Chopped in half and carved, potatoes make the perfect little throw away stamps! Although the sweater did not feel complete, so I added a little embroidery to the collar and it makes a perfect addition to my wardrobe.


Jay, on the other hand, took a piece from my wardrobe; thanks to American Apparel's unisex love. After a few hours of frolicking in the newly appearing sun, any bright pop anxiety disappeared and he realized the joy of color. Although we didn't do anything in particular that day, our eyes were treated to blooming flowers in private gardens and sidewalks carpeted in petals getting us vastly excited for upcoming picnics, road trips to the beach, and garage sale-ing!

On Jay: jacket: urban, button up: h&m, tie: thrifted, pants: AA, shoes: guess

14 comments:

  1. i really love the way you've customised the cardie, it looks absolutely delightful! so cute & unique!
    http://cocojones.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cardi is soooo cute and it's diy!! I so need to try it on something now ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea!!! If I had dachshunds all over my cardigan I would be in heaven, so I may have to borrow this idea. My little pup Starla and I would be the cutest pair walking down the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cardigan! Very creative DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cardigan so much and it's so impressive that it was a DIY. I posted a link to it in my blog, too. I have to get some potatoes.

    What kind of ink did you use? Fabric paint?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came here from Jesseanne's blog - she is right that cardigan is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cardigan! Definitely going to try this DIY project over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is basically the coolest sweater i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cardigan turned out lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I just discovered your blog . . . it's really gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cardigan is amazing and I never would have guessed it was DIY. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lovely weather has definitely been pulling the brights out for me too. You both look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cant get over your lovely blog. I read through every post - Im in awe! You two are so inspiring :) Love both of your outfits in here..also - is that bow ring your actual engagement ring? That is such a good idea! I always wanted something like that too! You are a girl after my own heart. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. could you guys be any cuter? i love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete